SELECTION FOR CAST - FINAL PRESENTATION, SPECIAL CHRISTMAS 2010
I had stopped watching the short list. His name was there at the top. Above all. Outstanding in his role.
I can say without fear of make a mistake that wasn't on the top just in a piece of paper. She was the girl that everyone aspired to.
For me, was just a body with a soul that didn't belong to her.
Everything began when we were little and she made her first stage play. For a child of seven years, she was sensational.
In my opinion of a man in love, she had always been a fantastic person, amazing. The others say it just 'cause they needed something of her, an approve to believe or see your amazing abilities.
Her fathers, since then, always strove to put it into nominated drama schools, where she learned how to perfect something for me, it was perfect. Since then, always had shared the same dream of parents to be a great actress.
Nobody ever doubted her ability. They're right, today, fourteen years later of her first presentation, I could see her name, , in a huge panel of the best theaters, starring in the Broadway. Your photo perfectly chosen and designed so that others could see your pretty face printed on a panel of three meters.
I wanted to be a fan fascinated by her idol, but I'm more than that. I am the ex-boyfriend. And in still further is the fact that I'm still in love with her.
Not because she is one of the best actresses of our time, or being one of the richest and most beautiful youth of the world. My feelings for come since we were younger. From the time we studied together in the gym. When we spend our whole school walking hand in hand, smiling and spending time together.
And I would say it was obvious that she ended our relationship, but it was not. I was the guilty. Whom I could not stand much falsehood.
I was looking herrehearse her lines in front of me. It was his Christmas present, always loved the Christmas presentations, because the writers did not dare to write drama, but romance novels. Personally, I never cared much, I could handle everything just by being who she was there on stage. It was the only reason for going to the theater.
- You're traveling again. - she snapped her fingers in front of my face, smiled awkwardly.
- It's ok, can you pay attention now? We need to go to the center to take our pictures for Christmas, remember? - She gracious laughed.
and I used to enhance Christmas. We were dating was a time, but since the beginning of our combined was: Little mattered in Valentine's Day and birthdays. Our home had to be special.
When we met, I remember seeing her with her face resting on his hands with a bored expression, who did not like what he had eaten. I approached to ask why, since I knew from college. As I also recognize, she said she just hated Christmas, a holiday for being useless. I'll never forget how angry I was. We discuss our reasons for keeping our opinions about the holiday and then she blurted out that he hated Christmas because it is a date when all families were happy gathering, exchanging gifts, taking pictures for Christmas cards and it was only concerned with the result of his performance in the final presentation of the drama class.
I sat beside her and began to tell the positive sides to spend Christmas alone. Since we were in the center, took up one of these machines and took several snapshots. On Christmas night, I went to the door of his house and left my Christmas present, the famous snow globe with a Christmas tree, a reindeer and a snowman. Needless to say, after that, to date, and we do the Christmas holiday our own special holiday.
To escape their parents at the end of the year, at which time they were worse than they were, according to her, I always wanted to stay with her for testing. I was only to have his company. Before taking your girlfriend on the computer than alone, right?
Nobody ever fails to turn in their presentations. Agents always offered roles in plays beginners, but their parents, and their employers, refused the lowest. was supposed to be a great actress. And so it happened.
The end of our relationship came with the change in her behavior when she starred in her first play internationally famous. Won awards, was called to make movies in Hollywood. I thought I could keep it with your feet securely attached to the floor. I was wrong.
- , it's Christmas, remember? Time we take our photos to the center and give inexpensive gifts, but they mean the world to us? Our holiday? - I complained, the way to apply makeup while sitting on his stool in his dresser.
- It's an important presentation, , you know that. - She looked to me at the mirror. - Look, what do you think about let our special holiday to tomorrow morning? We don't have anything to do tomorrow morning!
- Tomorrow will be not Chirstmas. - Complained and saw sighing and lowering his brush and blush.
- You don't understand how this is important to my career, ?
- You don't understand how this day is important to our relationship, ?
I felt that the way to pick up. The saw him hesitate and then re-apply makeup. I shook my head disappointed:
- Tell me where's the girl who liked to run away from her parents to buy cupcakes and celebrate our Christmas. If you see out there, tell your boyfriend deeply misses her. Stop with the whole scenario with him and go back to your arms the way he had found some years ago. - I said upset, giving my back to her and feeling he staring me. Closed the door of her room and stop to know if she would came after me. Nothing. When getting off the elevator, I was still half an hour at the corner of his building, waiting for her to call me or run me. Again I was wrong. All I saw was his face between flashes, even a limo.
And then, we broke up. We turn the pages of our book and go ahead for the next chapter.
She never run after me. And what hurt more was that for her, it meant nothing.
But that was what she told on TV. And I know when she is working or not. She misses me as much as I feel it, but my pride prevents me from visiting her. Stopped me. Here I am, at the box office debut of the theater where his first play written by herself, she entered the Guinness for being the youngest writer to create a piece.
- Do you think keeping in his own world, with your home insurance, handpicked his friends, his thoughts stuck in you ... Think you will live in peace in this way? - Arthur, the character pair said what I thought was the apex of the piece. She remained silent sitting in front of a dresser in a fourth scenario.
- You do not understand how important this is something I've struggled my whole life to get!
- I can not understand what it is fighting for something as a child, but I know that everything comes with a chance. You were my consciousness when my parents were. What I see now is that nothing was to you.
- That's not true!
- Well then show that our relationship means something to you! End this disease to seek the acceptance of others, be yourself, forget all these lies, live your life, not those of others. - Arthur approached and knelt before him. - You searched both by this acceptance, that what happened was you have got lost in sanity. Are you willing to keep what we have created for ever? Because I am in no doubt about it.
- Arthur, I can't do that to risk what I've done til now--
- You live for others. - He cuts her. The shut up and I saw his eyes popping surprise. - Think of others, what will happen. Worries about the future. Meg, you do not see that doing so is losing his present, our this? This obsession will not let you and you do not want to give up.
Silence took over the theater, I could hear the breaths of all. The actor then stood up and sighed:
- Tell me where is the girl who liked to laugh and laugh when nobody else did not care what others thought. If you see out there, tell your boyfriend deeply misses her. Stop with the whole scenario with him and go back to your arms the way he had found some years ago.
I opened my mouth. My eyes widened. My speech was in part. I was the source of her inspiration.
I didn't see her for the next two days. I could read all what people say about your presentation in the newspaper. Success. According to critics, there are few writers who risk a romantic drama. Those few who risk not so successful, but knew exactly how their audience was and what they expected of her.
I stared at his picture in the paper again and I heard the doorbell ring. I looked at the door, not believing that someone would still be on the street on Christmas night. I sighed thinking of being a beggar, and prepared the coins. I opened the door and saw nothing but a bouquet of red roses and a card. I took this and shut the door. The card contained a photo of alone on the bench of the machine where we took our Christmas photos.
I'm tired of pretending I do not miss you.
I finally found the girl you tried both.
I hope not too late for her to return to their arms.
I smiled and looked at the roses. Then I walked to the window where she stood with arms crossed and shoulders hunched, beneath the snow that fell Christmas ending the scenario. I walked up the quiet front yard of my house and stopped in front of you. She wore my favorite hat. Whoever gave you on our third anniversary Christmas together. The one I used since childhood and decided to go for it to be something that meant a lot to me.
- Beautiful bonnet. - I point to it, making the smile and look up, moving it back and fold their arms.
- Beautiful boot. - Was her turn to point to my feet, where I wore the boots of synthetic fur lamb she gave me when I kept using her hands to warm my feet. Bought one for me, that, according to her, the pair could make lamb.
- It was a very useful gift.
- I say it's cap. - She points to her head and laughed. - I saw you at the theater yesterday. - Yeah. I went to see her play.
- As always promised. - She smiles awkwardly.
- As always promised. - Repeat.
We were quiet and I see a deep breath, swaying to and fro.
- How are your parents?
- The same, you know. Barely finished the first week of presentation and they already think the country on his tour.
- And no time for Christmas.
- As always.
Embarrassed smile, until she defeated sigh and say:
- I miss our Christmas.
- Me too. - Will not be long to say. - It is very annoying to eat an entire turkey by himself.
- It's more annoying still have a meaningful gift to give someone and not have it next.
- What you got for me this year? - Put his hands in his pockets.
- His girlfriend back. - I am surprised with their lips glued to my ice cream. Bestowing her waist and move closer to me, feeling his arms to give back to my neck.
Outside a great Christmas. The best of the last three years. My gift to her was the key to my house, where he later adopted home , a happy family who cares about Christmas.